Each sport has its individual dress code policy. However, athletic teams represent Loyola University New Orleans and must dress and act accordingly. Sloppiness and inappropriate dress will not be tolerated. Good judgment and common sense should prevail in all situations regarding clothing and behavior.
- No one other than team members are allowed to stay in rooms when teams are on the road. No family members or other guests are allowed to stay in the rooms.
- Team members must travel to and from events in transportation provided for them by the University, unless other arrangements are approved by the coach or athletic director. Team members may return home with a parent, pending approval by the coach or athletic director.
- Independent travel to and from events and the use of personal vehicles is strongly discouraged. The use of personal vehicles to practice sessions is permitted. Student athletes are required to obtain and maintain at least the legally required limits of automobile liability insurance when driving their personal vehicles to and from practice. The University strongly recommends that students maintain at
least the minimum insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage.
- Drivers of both university and personal vehicles used in the transport of team members shall have a valid driver’s license and must file a Driver’s Authorization Form with the university.
- While on any road trip representing Loyola University New Orleans, no student-athlete shall have in his/her possession nor consume any alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or tobacco products of any kind. This is strictly forbidden.
- The University is not responsible for any personal items that are lost, stolen or damaged while traveling for intercollegiate events. This is the sole responsibility of the student-athlete and their insurer.
- REMEMBER......YOU ARE A REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR FAMILY, YOUR TEAM, YOUR COACH AND YOUR UNIVERSITY! ACT ACCORDINGLY!
Back to the Student Athlete Handbook »